Sunday 27 March 2011

GWS ME-109


GWS ME-109

The Messerschmitt Bf 109 is one of my favourite Warbirds. A fearsome World War II killing machine. It sports a beautiful desert camouflage scheme. For the power system, I used a HiMax inrunner motor mated to a gearbox. This is also the first plane which I used Master Airscrew propellers, which worked a treat and never once broke on me. This birdie served me well and survived many hard knocks and crashes. I do miss flying it. It is retired from active service but I plan to "resurrect" it to fly later this year. Along with the F4U Corsair and P51-Mustang, these are the three top Warbirds for me. If you love this plane, watch a great 9-part documentary on the restoration/flight of the ME-109 on YouTube titled, "One Summer, Two Messerschmitts". Parkzone also sells a ME-109 model that is nicely designed.  Check it out if you are looking for one.


Technical Data
Wingspan: 900mm.
Length: 758mm.
Weight: 400g.
Propeller: 9 x 5
Motor: Brushless Intrunner
Battery: 1300mah 3S1P 11.1v
ESC: 20A
Servo: 4 x 9g

Looks
: 8
Performance: 7
Aerial Ability: 7
Design: 9
Overall: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment